together with Sheeo I just uploaded the first proper release version of the FAForever Python Client 0.12.
You will be prompted to upgrade when running any older client versions.
This version adds no features or fixes over the last preview version (0.12.0-pre3), but it has now been rolled out to everyone.
Due to some formatting snags, the updater did not accept the new version as correct for the first 30 minutes after the release, but that is fixed now.
The installer has not yet been updated on the download page. That will be done soon.
If you have any problems with the client, please do not hesitate to make a post in the Tech Support Forum!
My warmest thanks go out to all the excellent contributors helping out with the client. You can see a list of changes and contributors in the changelog.
If you upgraded from the hotfix version released two months ago, these are the actual changes in this version:
- replace Tab Livestreams with (old) Unit Database (#539)
- Add logging to game updater and disable cert verification on test server (#558)
- Clean up ‘res’ directory finding (#552)
- Improve ladder race selection (#554)
- Make selected mods persistent (#560)
- Disable modvault feedback (#568)
- Fix local replays being shown as broken when offline (#564)
- Update ‘Search Options’ in Replays (#498)
- Load recent replays list only on first entry
- Add Button ‘Refresh Recent List’/’Reset Search to Recent’
- Add Checkbox to enable Automatic Refresh (old behavior)
- Add Label ‘Searching…’ while waiting for server
- Change ‘Min rating’ steps to 100
- Fix ‘View Replays in Vault’ change to ‘Online Vault’ Tab (#495)
- Make announcements less annoying (#575, thanks @HardlySoftly!)