we are receiving a lot of complaints about unavailable services. In detail the What’s new? tab in the client, downloads from our content servers (maps, mods, replays, etc.) are broken for all users using IPv6.
We are aware of this issue and sorry for the inconvenience. While fixing the server setup might take a while, a confirmed workaround is deactivating IPv6 on your computer. Our fellow contributers have created a walkthrough how to do that on Windows 10 in our wiki here (use on your own risk).
People kept asking for another one so its back by popular demand!
Saturday, 24th of November, 17:00 UTC
First place: Fixed In Equilibrium Avatar + 25 EUR for each player!
Second place: Faction Face Avatar
Third place: Faction Logo Avatar
How to sign up:
To sign up, and for more info, visit the forum thread here: http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16902
it has been brought to our attention that a bugfix for the Novax Satellite may potentially break a lot of mods which is why we decided to change said fix to avoid issues.
There is also another bug introduced by us related to Kennels that we wanted to fix asap.
Other than that this patch only few changes:
– Removed smoke effect on the water surface caused by wrecks on the bottom of the ocean
– Moved current patch number in the lobby to a more visible location
– Allow Users to open the Changelog by clicking on the patch number in the game lobby
– Allow Users to open the changelog on github by adding a button to the changelog popup in the lobby
We hope that this is the last hotfix that we have to roll out due to 3699 so we can focus on fixing other bugs/improving the game wherever we can.
the next server update is scheduled for next Wednesday, the 31st of October.
The starting time will be around 17:00 UTC / 18:00 CET. Since we are touching some core parts of the infrastructure, I would expect a little longer downtime as usual. But it should not take longer than 2 hours.
as some of you may have noticed there is a bug in the 3699 patch that causes users to get stuck when trying to host/join a game.
This was caused by the last color value and a bug we missed when testing the current patch.
Luckily for us speed2 was nice enough to provide a fast hotfix so we can iron out this issue.
We are sorry for the confusion/inconvenience caused by this error.
We are releasing the Game Patch 3699 today, which contains but is not restricted to :
– The removal of friendly fire collision between allies, so that your shots are not blocked by allies.
– The ability to select experimentals as well as upgradable/defensive buildings being constructed.
– Saving the upgrade progress on buildings transferred when using fullshare.
the patch notes can be found here or with some more explanations here.
Please post feedback in the forum.
See you on the battlefield,
~The dev team.