We are currently transitioning to the new server. If you read this, you are currently using it.
That server is prepared to run Galactic War ( Don’t forget to help us !! The deadline is near, and we still need some money to make it happen !)
If you have any problem, please report on the forum.
- In the last 3 days, donations were impossible because of a paypal problem. This is now fixed and you can donate again.
- You don’t need a paypal account to donate : It goes through paypal, but you don’t need to create an account. : http://support.indiegogo.com/entries/20501786-how-to-contribute-via-paypal-without-a-paypal-account
- Some people have donated to FAF paypal directly. This is nice, but please avoid it as much as possible : I can’t keep track of your rewards, and the indiegogo campaign won’t be increased.
But by taking these donations, you can add +100 € to the amount of the indiegogo page.
Thank you for your support so far, and let’s reach that goal to make GW as good as possible !
New featured mods are available !
Prepare for a Supreme Destruction upgrade for Forged Alliance. This mod adds custom units, as well as tweaks the existing ones, it will change the experience of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. The mod is updated regularly, with tweaks and balance patches.
- Custom units
- Rebalanced and tweaked existing units
- Planned Orbital Warfare
- More Experimentals
- Expansion Addons to the base Supreme Destruction
Run for your life !
After a startup time of some minutes, the game will get smaller 25 times (with 1 min interval), until only a very little space in the middle is left.
Everything outside explodes.
Very fun mod to try absolutely !
Diamond is updated !
The change log is available here !
A Diamond tournament will occur soon !
To get you an idea of what Galactic War could look like, I’ve made a quick mock-up of it.
The area you see on the screen is a zoomed view of the map. You will be able to navigate around FA-style.
Preview of what the interface could be.
You can click it to enlarge.
Remember that this is not representative of what the final interface and functions will be.
You can also see some ideas for the rules :
- You have to defend your planets first in order to gain attack points. But some attack points will be given to you everyday as a startup.
- Attack points are necessary to attack a enemy territory. Different type of games are possible for each territory, each will cost a different amount of points.
- You gain also credits from battle. You can spend these credits when attacking or defending a planet (give you bonuses/extra units), hire the nomads to help you, or contribute to the “game ender” of your faction (QAI Network for cybran).
- Each faction will have his own chat, as well as an general network available to everybody.
- What you can’t see in the mock-up are some map element to help you see the planets are currently under attack.
Go to http://www.indiegogo.com/fafgw?c=home to support the project !
The map will drawn in openGL, and the planets will be mapped spherical objects (with some dents for some planets).
I’m planning to use mapzone as the texture editor for planets.
Mapzone is a free, nodal, texture generator, that can allow me to create several planets just by tweaking some numbers.
I will create some presets so you will be able to play with it, and you will be able to submit me some of your art if you have contributed !