- Fixing an error with corrupted replays.
- Custom map pool for the matchmaker.
How is matchmaker working now?
You are now selecting the maps you want to play out of 80+ maps.
When you are matched against someone, the server is checking both players map list, make a common pool of your maps, and randomly choose one in that list.
What if I didn’t select any map, or there is no common maps?
You need to have at least 15 maps in common.
If it’s not the case, the server is throwing a dice. Depending of the result (random), it will complete the list to have 15 maps with one of these rules :
- Select the top selected/popular maps. (it’s similar to constant poll over the map list).
- Randomly select map in the map pool of player 1.
- Randomly select map in the map pool of player 2.
For the last two cases, if it still doesn’t have 15 maps at the end, it will use the first case to complete the list.
If there is no common map, you have 33% chances of having a map of your list, 33% of having a popular map (can be ones of your list), and 33% chances of playing the favorite map of your enemy.
If there are some common maps, the chances of having a map of your list are of course higher.
So, to have more chances to play a map you like, you have to select at least 15 of them, but it’s not mandatory.