This version introduce a new version rendered possible by FAF donators. Big thanks to them!
Remember that you can help making new functions and updates possible by donating to FAF (left panel) and put the function you are asking for in the comments.
The matchmaker allows you to play balanced team games.
You can invite friends to your team (right-click on their nickname in the chat), or search for some random teammates.
The current map pool is derived from the 1v1 one, but more options will come later.
Remember that this function is in Beta, and some connections problems are still happening. You can help debug it by posting the faforever.log and game.log of every player involved in this thread.
Check how to enable logs & post them here.
This update come with others enhancements to the lobby :
- Better detection of connection loss to the server. In case of the IRC server, it will try to reconnect. Reconnection for lobby & game server may come later (check first paragraph of this post 🙂
- Fixing some errors in the map preview code.
- Fixing issues with secondary servers hanging the client (ie. tournament tab).
- Fixing a crash when parsing an invalid game.prefs (error when hosting a game).
- Fixing an issue where selecting a faction after selecting “random” for 1v1 matchmaker didn’t changed the button status.
Early matchmaker testers : Deering, Myxir, Gorton, Mad Mozart, PascalP, SAKO_X, ZLO_RD, D4E_Omit, Totaltuna, lextoc, Reddev32, Taffy, Chosen and LittleSunshine.