Times change and so does FAF. This is a call to all Java developers, who are hiding in the shadows and want to contribute but were not interested in contributing to the current stack of Python code. We have a huge pile of new emerging Java projects, that look out for new developers and maintainers. So
This update is mostly for Galactic War players. It solves some UI problems related to GW, as well as better internal functions (for the tournament server), sanity checks (for the proxy server) and code cleaning and libraries updates. It also remove FreeImage dependencies. Talking about Galactic War, remember that your help is needed to test
- Added buttons for the account renamer and the steamLink (http://www.faforever.com/?p=1219) in the login page.
- SteamLink allows Virtual Machine and several accounts on the same computer.
- Fixed the error reported (linking to tech forum).
- Fix: Quitting a squad was creating a crash.
- FIX: slave message was disappearing.
- FIX: swirls not displaying properly when enslaved.
- Removed the “searching for attackers” popups.
- Hiding the map downloads.
- Removed the cancel button for the updater.
- Added icons states.
Change log :
- FreeImage warning are now ignored. They were causing the annoying, but harmless “Application has stop incorrectly, ….. check faforever.exe.log” errors when the lobby was closing.
- Incorrectly downloaded images are correctly replaced with the usual placeholder.
- Fixed an issue with the reinforcement panel crashing the lobby when units were given.
- Fixed various display bugs.
- The way attacks and defenses are handled is modified:
- When you are launching an attack, you start “charging” it.
- When fully charged, the planet occupation is increased by 5% for your faction.
- A defense will stop the charge.
- Losing a defense make the charge continues. No other malus. (don’t fear defending! Nothing to lose! No fear to recall, nothing bad can happen!)
- Winning a defense stop the charge and give some money to the defender.
- Setting “away” or quitting GW without giving your attack stop it immediately.
- It’s a new mechanism, bugs may (and certainly will) occur. Don’t hesitate to report anything in the forum!
- The mod vault is now scanning mods in zip files (but you shouldn’t do that).
- The mod vault is now using the cache folder for mod icons.
- Mod icons are downloading in background.
- The sort options in the mod vault are now working.
- The game lister display list of mod more nicely.
- (Untested) Windows XP support for the mod vault. You should update to Seven 🙂
- Fixed an issue when joining games from the chat.
- “Quit” messages are now only displayed when the player is actually in that channel.
- Avoid displaying non-downloaded avatars (white square).
- Support for random colored Nicknames. Check Options menu!
A galactic War update :
- You can now offer unit reinforcements to someone of your faction.
- New players start with 0 credits.
- Attacks are free at rank 0 (the starting one).
- Attacks cost more as your rank is higher (rank * 100).
- You can only attack a single planet at once.
- Second in command is removed.
- If you see a swirling “attack on hold”, you can take for free (normal attack command).